Friday, August 11, 2006

COLOR

WHITE. A Blank Page or Canvas.

The Challenge: To bring order to the whole…

Thru Design…

Composition…

Balance…and

Harmony

  • from “Sunday in the Park with George” by Stephen Sondheim and James Lapine

I had that thought on my mind today as I was thinking about life.

I also remembered when I was programming a radio station. I had a mentor who came in and he talked about the radio station being the canvas – and as a programmer, you have control of the color, the paint, the feel, design of the listeners’ experience.

All done by music scheduling (the rotations of how many times a song plays), the day parting (some songs only play at night – or midday – or morning), promotions on the station (giveaways and events), and personalities (the air talent).

What are the colors I like?
How can this concept be taken even further into real life?
What is my “Color” or colors??
IS EVERYTHING I CREATE A MASTERPIECE?
How many layers of color are there in my life? In My work?

No comments: