Wednesday, May 30, 2007

MY NEW FAVORITE PLACE TO STAY

While Vacationing over the weekend in the ATL, we decided to stay at a Country Inn. I noticed on top of the TV a flier for a new program that Country Inns were offering called “READ IT & RETURN”.

Its really simple.

You check in.

You check out the library that the hotel has right there in its lobby.

If you see a book you would like to read, you borrow it.

You Read it.

You return it to the next Country Inn you stay in.

VERY COOL.

I just thought this was the best thing EVER! (but I AM a reader)

I went down to the lobby to check out the books. Needless to say, at this particular Country Inn, the books were all children focused – from Treasure Island to Lemony Snicket.

I still thought this was a GREAT idea.

During the trip, we had to switch hotels, and stayed in another Country Inn. I decided to try out their library.

This time I hit the Jackpot.

The 100 Simple Secrets of Happy People by David Niven

I am reading it, and will return it on my next visit to a Country Inn!

(I might have to just find a Country Inn here in the area to return the book – I don’t know how soon I’ll actually be traveling again!)

This is a cool idea - promoting reading (which is always a plus in my book)(pun intended) - and it makes the hotel feel like a safe cozy place to stay!!

No comments: